How it Works
How it works:
- Schedule a complimentary screening consultation at our office by filling out the form on the right. The consultation will take 20-30 minutes.
- Our Sleep Wellness Coordinator Ariel will call to confirm the appointment. She will send you a link to an online questionnaire to be completed before your appointment.
- If the screening indicates you are at risk for OSA, we will arrange for you to speak with a board-certified Sleep Physician or other physician at your preference. This might occur by videoconference.
- If appropriate, the physician will prescribe and arrange for you to receive a Home Sleep Test kit in the mail. Alternatively, you may need a sleep test in a sleep lab.
- The results from the test will be sent to the board-certified Sleep Physician for review and diagnosis.
- If the physician recommends Oral Appliance Therapy, we will take impressions of your teeth and create a custom device for you.
- After the device is made, it will require adjustments to ensure optimal airflow.
- A follow up sleep test will be used to verify that the device is working as intended. This may be conducted in your home.
- We will see you yearly to evaluate the oral appliance and to determine if there has been any change to your treatment needs.
OSA is a medical condition, which means that it is covered under medical insurance, not dental insurance even though treatment is delivered by a dentist. As a courtesy, we will verify and file your claim with your medical insurance carrier; however, verification is only an explanation of benefits based upon information that we received from your insurance carrier. It is not a guarantee of payment. High Country Dentistry will assist you in determining the benefits for Oral Appliance Therapy provided by your insurance carrier, and will file claims for services rendered.